Your pension may be perhaps the most important part of your overall personal finances. We all want to be able to live a comfortable life in our retirement.

Unfortunately in recent years there has been a marked increase in the number of pension products that were mis-sold to consumers. This means that many individuals did not receive the returns they had expected.

Has Your Pension Been Mis-Sold?

Were You mis-sold some or all of the investments within your personal pension/SIPP/SSAS, such as unregulated collective investment schemes (UCIS), these funds are typically linked to high risk, property investments.

Such investments should only have ever been promoted to a small proportion of the population who would be classed as ‘experienced’ investors. If you don’t fall into this category, you may be due financial redress.

Did You Purchase an annuity (this is when you invest you pension savings, in an income for life). Such annuities take account of various factors, including your age and health. If your annuity provider did not take full account of your health at the time, you may be entitled to financial redress.

Who Pays The Compensation?

Most of the cases we represent are presented to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in a bid to reclaim money lost by investors who suffered negligent advice or were unaware of the full facts before making their investment.

The FSCS is a free service, therefore you can make a claim for compensation yourself.

The FSCS protects consumers when financial services firms fail or go bust. It’s the compensation scheme for customers of UK authorised financial services firms and is often referred to as the fund of last resort for individual investors.

FSCS protects the following:

  • Deposits
  • Investment business,
  • Home finance (for business from 31 October 2004),
  • Insurance policies, and
  • Insurance broking for business from 14 January 2005. We also protect connected travel insurance where companies such as travel firms and holiday providers sell the policy alongside a holiday or other related travel for business from 1 January 2009

The FSCS has set compensation limits dependent on when the firm you are claiming against was declared as in default:

  • Up to £85,000 for firms which failed after 1st April 2019
  • Up to £50,000 for firms which failed between 1st January 2010 – 31st March 2019
  • Up to £48,000 for firms which failed prior to 1st January 2010

What Can You Do To Reclaim Mis-Sold Pensions?

You can either, claim on your own or you can use a specialist like CMP to help. We can’t guarantee a pay-out for you or get more money than you would if you claim on your own, or that we can handle the claim faster.

What we can guarantee is a professional, straight forward, honest service which is hassle free for you. We will use our knowledge and specific expertise to ensure your claim has the best possible chance of being successful. For our contact details, click here and get in touch with us now.

What If The Firm Is Still Trading?

If the broker or your advisor is still trading any complaint must be made directly to the firm. There are regulatory procedures and timeframes the firm must adhere to when dealing with any complaint.

If you are unhappy with the final decision your complaint can be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

If you are unsure whether you have valid reasons for a complaint to the firm call a specialist today and we will quickly establish if there is basis for a claim. For contact information please click here